The book ‘Facilitating Change – using interactive methods in organizations, communities and networks is edited by Lauge Baungaard Rasmussen. It is divided in three parts and include 15 chapters in all. First part is about paradigms, episemology and ethics. Part two presents 11 different interactive methods including their main idea, origins, practical examples as well as strengths and weaknesses. Part three is about how to understand and facilitate creative processes and thus to help the reader to improve his/her abilities to use the interactive methods in participatory approaches.
– Future workshop (by Norbert R. Müllert)
– Improvisational theatre (by Henry Larsen)
– Community building through dialogues (by Kavita Mehra)
– Participation through Exploratory Design Games (Eva Brandt)
– Interactive scenario analysis (by Lauge Baungaard Rasmussen)
– Causal mapping (by Mette Sanne Hansen and Lauge Baungaard Rasmussen)
– Chronicle workshop (by Hans Jørgen Limborg and Hans Hvenegaard)
– Search conference (by Francesco Garibaldo)
– Interactive SWOT methodology (by Luc V. Zwaenepoel)
– Interactive Planning (by Zaxa Nadja Lee Hansen and Lauge Baungaard Rasmussen)
– The dominance of dialogical interview research (by Steiner Kvale)
Each of these methods can be applied in many different contexts in organizations, communities and networks. However, they can also be combined and adjusted for specific purposes.